Sunday 16 November 2014

Makeup Medley




I have been so inspired recently by autumn and winter to change up my makeup a little bit. Today I thought I would share with you my favourite 'colder' makeup products; ranging from face, lips and eyes.

For my base I have been loving a higher coverage look so have reverted back to the L'Oreal True Match Foundation, a full review is here. I blend this away and use the Rimmel Wake Me Up under my eyes to brighten and make me look more awake. I quickly powder with Rimmel Stay Matte which sets  everything into place. That is just my basic face routine but now I add in a blush by NYX in 'Mocha' which is a rosy red-toned blush. This isn't massively pigmented but gives a lovely flush of colour. I heard that using a cool toned highlighter and a warm toned blush works best together. That is what I do and I like to use the Benefit high beam and put this on my cheekbones, nose and my cupids bow.

For my eyebrows, the most important part of your face. I use the Maybelline brow drama in 'medium brown', which is so easy to use - my love. For my eyes I take Maybelline's colour tattoo from the leather range in 'creamy beige'. I love this as it creates a lovely base for other eyeshadow. I blend this away with a brush to give a softer look on the eyes. For a little highlight I use MAC's 'blanc type' which is unbelievably pigmented and looks so natural. I move straight to mascara and I have been loving the Collection 5 in 1 which I will be doing a review very soon. I swipe this on my lashes and it gives a lovely fuller effect. 

For my lips I like to moisturize with an EOS lip balm and wipe off any excess. I take my favourite light nude from Topshop in 'saint'. This is a very light nude but looks stunning with this whole makeup look. If I want I'll top it up throughout the day to give a more flawless look. 

That is my recent makeup routine which I have been using recently. I love how nude the lips are and the softness of the eyes and the pop of colour on the cheeks work so well together. You can change this to suit your skin and your preference, this is just what I have been doing recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment