Thursday 1 January 2015

Pocket Money Friendly Purchases

Today I decided to show you some products that I have recently picked up in the sales. I love sales but never normally find the things I am looking for. This year I was not very lucky in the clothes side of things; in the makeup and accessories side of things I did well. All of these items came to a total of £9.50, I am impressed; normally I would spend so much more! With the restraint of my friend Hannah I do not have doubles of some things, so that is a great improvement.


I went into Next to have a quick browse of the NYX makeup and I was very happy to find that every makeup item normally on the rack was at a discounted price! I was buzzing, I picked up this blush in the shade 'mauve' for £2.50! Instead of the overpriced price of £6, I really wanted to pick up two to add to my collection, but then Hannah reminded me that I don't like to wear blush so only buy one. It worked! I loved the feeling of not giving in to consumerism (even if I really wanted to). Truth be told I haven't worn this but when my skin clears up I really can not wait to pull this little gem out.


I lied, this really was a must purchase. Not in the sale. I have been in desperate need of a new mascara so when I saw this one I was easily wooed with the argon oil infused into the formula and the brush shape. I have been using this for less than a week now and I do quite like how it glides over my lashes giving a fuller lengthening effect. This is £7.99, but I had a voucher for £6; so really it was only £2, bargain!


Oooooo believe me I had in my hands this and a really dark lipstick in the sale for £4, which I would never wear. Even though I may never wear this it is a wonder to swatch and just looks so cute as it is a mini version. This is super creamy and it does not weigh my lips down (is that even a concept?). As I was in Topshop goggling at all the discounted gift sets I really was forced to purchase this tiny lip bullet. Everything was reduced from the 'Christmas line' and I was in heaven and I could of came out with so much products. At £3 it is truly a small investment to my red lip products.


Lastly I purchased this from Topshop for £2 it was £4, I did have two, one black and this one but I resisted and only bought one, yay. This is super soft and reminds me of the urban outfitters velvet scrunchies; which I have always wanted. This is a great alternative for me! I am still trying to work out how to wear it without looking like I have red bunny ears on my  head though. It's cool how all these trends from the 80's and the 90's are coming back; my mum was very surprised that I bought this but its so soft and it doesn't leave that annoying bump thing in your hair. My new love.

That was my little haul of the stuff I have purchased in the sale, I really hope to get back into blogging this year after that mini break. This was such a fun post to write even if I am only hauling four things, oh well. Have an amazing new year!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the total price of all those lovely things! Definitely made me more determined to look for bargains in the sales!! That blush shade is gorgeous! x Looking forward to working with you on the secret blogger project 2015! Make sure you tell me once your posts are uploaded I would love to read them x http://theperks0fbeingemily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know!! I love bargains!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete