Sunday 26 October 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up vs Match Perfection


I am writing this post in the sunny state of Florida, I have been here for less than a week now and I love it! I will be posting a haul next week, to share everything I have bought. Today I will be sharing my opinion on two popular Rimmel foundations. 

Starting off with the shade selection, the Match Perfection has a greater shade range, which suits a wider range of people. Especially people with pale skin.  Where as the Wake Me Up has a smaller shade range with the lightest being '100 Ivory'. This is the shade I have, I find that it comes out orange but blends out to a paler colour. I also have '100 Ivory' in the Match Perfection range and I find that it is a slightly different shade. This is perfect if your skin begins to get paler in the colder months. 

The consistency is quite different, the Wake Me Up is thicker where as the other is runnier and thinner. I prefer a thicker foundation but I believe that a thinner foundation is easier to blend out. I love both consistencies as they work best at different times. For constictnecy I would go with your own personal opinion.

The Wake Me Up is a dewy finish with a medium finish whereas the Match Perfection is extremely dewy which looks very oily. Don't worry. With a little powder both of these powders can be mattified with a light dusting of a substantial powder. The Wake Me Up has a higher coverage with a more natural finish. The Match Perfection is similar but a lighter coverage. I personally think that Wake Me Up is a more natural foundation in daylight. 

For me both of these foundations tend to last longer or shorter on different days. Sometimes the Match Perfection can last well on my skin but others the Wake Me Up just stays put and doesn't move. I don't know what it is and why my skin is like that. 

If you have oily skin I would stay away from both of these foundations as they have the tendency to make you look dewy which could me mistaken for oiliness. If you like the radiance concept for your skin I would powder to counteract some of the dewiness. 

In my personal opinion I like the Wake Me Up better as it has a very natural finish so I like to wear this for school. When I feel like it I like to wear the Match Perfection if I want to change things up a bit. I hope you liked this short review on these raved foundations. I think this should help you decide which foundation is best for your skin and preference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment