Monday 23 June 2014

Loreal vs Garnier Micellar Water

Today I am doing another review but comparing and contrasting two products, which have a similar theme to them. This is Cleansing waters, a dupe for the expensive French brand Bioderma. For these products you squirt a little onto a cotton pad and wipe away any dirt or makeup from the day. These products were both just under the £5 mark, but can usually be found on offer. I will be doing the pro's and con's of both,  Also the L'Oreal bottle is empty as I have just finished it and moved onto the Garnier one, but I have used the Garnier one for long enough to do a review.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £4.99
L'Oreal Micellar Solution - £4.99


Starting off with L'Oreal I repurchased this as I enjoyed how well it took off my makeup, this took off my face makeup off very well and with circular motions it opened my pores and felt lovely. This also effectively took all my mascara off with some swipes. I prefer to take off my face first, as there is not much left at the end of the day; I then move onto my eyes using the other half of the cotton pad. Moving onto the con's, if you place too much on the cotton pad, when you wipe your eyes, they sting a lot. On the same subject you get residue left on your face, especially around your nose and pores. 



Secondly the Garnier product feels exactly the same as the L'Oreal's version. The difference here is that the Garnier does not sting the eyes. Moving onto the packaging, this is very similar to the Bioderma packaging apart from this is bulkier and less travel friendly. The actual cap to pour out the product is so much better than L'Oreal. You can know how much comes out as you can direct it onto the cotton pad. Whereas L'Oreal just comes out all at once and you have a problem on what you are going to do with it. Another pro is that is does not make your skin feel tight or dry which is great when you want to relax and detox.



Overall I would recommend the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water over the L'Oreal Micellar Solution. I personally think you get better value for money and lovely product. I find this has done better for my skin and purified it more.  Also the packaging is so cute and fun and definitely reminds me of the Bioderma image.











No comments:

Post a Comment