Wednesday 18 June 2014

Brand Focus ~ Barry M, Collab with Emily

Today I am doing a collaboration with Emily, she has such a lovely blog, which deserves so many more followers. I think you should all check out her blog and her instagram page which is @theperks0fbeingemily . Her instagram posts are flawless and I love every single one.



So we have decided to do a Barry  M tops picks for the summer, there was so many I could chose from but I chose the ones which I wear the most and I think look the most flattering. I am sorry in advance that there is a lot pinks; but the Barry M collection has some amazing shades of pinks which you definitely have to check out! If you were wondering Barry M is available from Boots, Superdrug or River Island and probably online somewhere.


Starting off with the gelly collection, this first one is 'dragon' it is a lush bright pink colour which has a high shine nail effect on it. I love this colour for summer as it lasts for ever, and is such a fun colour but without been too overwhelming. The formula itself is slightly thick, so you could have fewer coats as it is more opaque than the other ones.


The next gelly shade is 'blueberry', which is a very bright cornflower / blue. I would wear this with simple outfits so it would draw attention to the colour, which would make it stand out more. I personally love this blue and would love to get a bikini, top and socks in this shade.


Moving onto the classic range is 'strawberry'; this formula is thinner but can be built up to a block colour in 2-3 coats and even more if you wanted a heavier finish. This pink is the perfect light to mid pink, the colour is so pretty and it is one of my favourites. It is the lightest shade of pink you can get, but I think it is great and cannot wait to wear it more.


The final pink in my favourites is a recent purchase which is called 'pink flamingo'. When i was first painting my nails with this I assumed it was a bright coral / pink. I was completely wrong. It is the brightest hot pink in the universe; the colour payoff is amazing, definitely eye-catching. This just catches the light and is a great colour for summer without being neon. I will be wearing this a lot more in the near future.


The final colour I have to talk about is 'berry'; this has been a favourite of mine for some time. This subtle lilac / purple colour can be worn on the toes or the hands with equal classiness.This is my favourite for when you want to have something on, but do not want it to be in your face. I would recommend it fully! As I purchased this around a year ago I went through the bottle so quickly, so I just had to repurchase! 

Thank you so much for reading and hope you found it interesting or found some recomendations that you would like to try out. Leave requests on here or on my instagram page (@itssmillie). Please remember to check out Emily here, I would love you if you did, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment