Sunday 12 October 2014

Benefit | How to Look the Best at Everything




Benefit | How to Look the Best at Everything | £26.50

I was so overwhelmed when I received this Benefit beauty kit off my two friends Daisy and Becca for my birthday, it was a lovely joint gift and it would be a great option for a beauty lover friend that you might have.

In this kit it came with four deluxe mini's, the 'POREfessional', 'Hello Flawlesss Oxygen Wow Foundation', 'Boi-ing Concealer' and the 'Hellow Flawless Powder'. The whole purpose of this set was to have a taste of Benefit's products and to create a perfect base for your face. My friends got me the shade light which is perfect, but if you have a darker skin tone there is two other options - medium and deep. 

First lets start with the primer; there is so much hype already about this and I just can't see why. I am not too keen on the silky feel, it can come across as greasy. No one wants that. I tried it out again hoping it would do Benefit's best selling product justice but it was no good. I found this did not keep my makeup on; even for a measly four hours. At the end of the night my foundation had gone patchy and I did not look good. I was so disappointed as I was so excited to try this product, unfortunately it is not for me. I find that without a primer my foundation tends to last so much longer, I have no idea why though. Although this could work for you, I have normal skin with no dry or oily patches so it might just be my skin type that it does not agree with.

Moving on to the foundation, this is a lovely formula and provides a light to medium coverage. Annoyingly the shade in the kit is too dark, but I might be able to pull it off when I have a tan after my holiday. This blends to an even coverage; be careful when applying as too much can cause a very caked on face. 

Thirdly is one of my favourite concealers in the world. The boi-ing concealer, it's something I have never tried before as I usually use liquid concealers as I find them easier to use. This product has converted me, it gives a medium to high coverage and a matte finish which is perfect for under the eyes to erase your dark circles. I love this so much so I might purchase the full size if I use it all. It is also very handy as it comes with two shades, a lighter one which is good for highlighting; then a darker shade which would be good for when I have a tan. 

Finally is the powder which requires a very light hand. I would carefully apply this around your T-zone and anything else you want to seal in. Also remember a powder will create the illusion that your face is matte, so don't apply too heavily. I love this the only problem is that it's fixed to the box and I don't want to break it. Though the product is spot on and I will definetly be using it more often. 

A little bonus is that it comes with a brush, I wouldn't normally advise you to use a brush that comes with a product, but this is different. As it has small and compact brush hairs it will come in handy when you are contouring your face. It is the perfect shape to do this as it is thin and easy to hold. 

Also if you didn't notice in the pictures that there is a massive mirror attached to the packaging. This is so useful as you could take out the frame which holds the products, then put your makeup in the box and it's like a makeup bag with a mirror. I didn't actually realise there was a mirror until I read a review, I felt so stupid as it's just under the helpful little instructions if you weren't sure what to do with the product.

I would recommend this set to anyone. It would be great as a gift or a little treat for yourself. I love the concept that you can try their products but not have to pay a hefty price tag. These are minis but are a decent size, so it should last you a while. There are other sets like this with different ideas linked to them. I love the one I received as you can't have great makeup until you have a perfect base. 

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-55618174-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>keen

No comments:

Post a Comment