Sunday 19 October 2014

Which Naked Palette Should You Buy?

Just over a month ago I made the snap decision to buy an Urban Decay Naked Pallet. I have always lusted after one and I never thought it would become a reality. At a hefty price tag I was a little put off, in the UK they retail for £37, in America its $54. This was a plunge for me, considering I'm 14, do not have a job and get a small amount of pocket money each week. Taking this in I took out some money the same day and I was so excited to own this first class pallet. With this task I was determined to find out which one I should buy. 

There is three options to chose from Naked 1, Naked 2 and Naked 3. Although I was tempted by the Naked Basics and I was then intrigued with the Naked Basics 2. I ultimately wanted to get the best pallet which would suit me and work best with my complexion. I'll stop with the rambling and get straight to telling you what may work best for you. I asked for the help of my friends who have the Naked pallets to get an overall conclusion.

* Sorry it's the wrong way round *
Naked One

Me and my friend have agreed that this would suit warmer to darker skin tones. This is because the shades are very bronzed and warm toned. Also as this has a lot of shimmer, so might not look as natural, though you have a wash of one colour to make it look mods natural. This might look too harsh on very pale skin as it could wash you out. As most of these shades are sparkly; I would recommend them for someone who loves shimmer and anything glittery. If you can see in the last two shades, they look as if they have a blue undertone which is amazing. It would pull together a look seamlessly and look effortless on blue eyes.

Naked Two

I actually have this one and I think it would best suit cooler skin tones. The pallet comes with taupe hues which are known to work best on cool skin. I personally have a neutral complexion which leans more to the cool side of things, I think this works well with my skin. When I went to buy the Naked pallet the woman helped me decide by asking what colour jewelry I like to wear. If it was silver she said I would prefer the second pallet, if it was gold then the first pallet might suit me better. I love the Naked two pallet, it is so versatile with a few key mattes but with enough sparkle to see me through a party. 

Naked Three

I remember when this pallet came out and every beauty guru got their hands on it, leaving me in a mental state as it looked stunning. As it came back in stock I realized that this pallet is more on the rose neutral end rather than the usual hues and warm toned browns. This selection of eye shadows will ensure that anyone with pale skin will be able to pull it off. As the colours are lighter with pink undertones; though keep in mind that they gradually get darker to more lusicious nudes. It is not exclusively better for warmer or cooler skin tones, so if you want to try it - go for it. 

If you are unsure of your skin tone and just can not work it out click here to see a rough idea of what you might be. Before you make the decision of which one to buy, simply do your research to the best of your ability. Watch YouTube videos or blog post ideas to get a feel of what might suit you. Just remember that this is all my opinion and it does vary from your opinion so keep that in mind before you buy into the pallet.


No comments:

Post a Comment