Wednesday 17 September 2014

Topshop Lipsticks





Over the past months I have bought or been gifted a few Topshop lipsticks and I thought I would share my opinions on them and if they are really worth the money. A little fact is that Topshop lipsticks and MAC lipsticks are made in the same factory so are quite similar in formula. I enjoy both of these ranges but I will just be focusing on the Topshop side of things, but if you want to see an in depth review on a MAC lipstick click here.

I have three of the Topshop line and they are all based around nudes, a pink toned nude 'pillow talk' a pure nude 'saint' and a brown toned nude 'mink'. These suit the different seasons very well in my opinion, I cannot wait to wear these colours in the colder months. 

Firstly Pillow Talk is on the pink nude of the scale, this is similar to MAC's 'creme cup' but has more of a pink finish to it where as MAC's is more natural. This colour is very dainty and the colour can be sheered out or built up to a strong 'barbie' colour. For me I would need to apply a lip balm to make the lipsticks glide on and to make them feel less heavy. 

Another nude is 'saint', this is a pure not there lips, this is stunning but if applied too heavily can cause the concealer lip look, and thats not pretty. I first saw this on the Topshop website tutorial and I honestly thought it looked beautiful on the model; which lead m to buy it! This also has the same formula which is a tad annoying, but I can live with it. A little fact is that you shouldn't apply lip balm before you put on lipstick as it causes the lipstick to slide off your lips easier. Instead put lip balm on the start of your makeup and when it comes to apply your lipstick of choice wipe off the lip balm and your sorted! Ahhh I think I was literally repeating myself over and over.

The last lipstick I own is 'mink', this is a very rich colour, which looks a little weird in the tube, but on your lips... omg this is the perfect slightly darker than mine lips look. The colour pay off is amazing and the most different and unique lip product I own as it is not normally a colour I would go for. 

That was basically a short review on each of the lip products and I hope you enjoy this mid-week post; I really want to do more of these so let me know on my instagram (@_itssmillie) or on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment