Sunday 31 August 2014

August Favourites

Ooooh I have so many rediscoveries which I have been trying out and loving, I am so happy that I re-tried! As this is a beauty blog I have decided to just focus on beauty with a couple of music and TV loves, instead of doing favourites every month I will be doing current favourites or monthly favourites every few months.

Beauty Favourites



Starting off with my nails I have rediscovered my love for the Barry M gelly nails in blueberry, this is a bright cornflower blue. In my opinion this looks classy with a touch of summer in the choice of colour. As this is from the gelly collection this is long wearing with a top coat, but sadly without it only seemed to last two days without chipping; lesson learned! Wear a top coat to keep your nails protected. Also I would like to mention Sophie for buying it for my birthday, thank you!


Maybelline Brow Drama, Medium Brown, £4.99

I have been using this everyday when I wear makeup, this is such an easy product to use. Swipe through your brows for a fuller effect and a little definition; I got the perfect shade which suits my eyebrows so well. As this is a natural product you could use this for a no makeup look as it is similar to the Benefit Gimme Brow.



L'Oreal True Match, Rose Vanilla, £9.99

I have fallen in love with this foundation after buying it a month a go. This gives the perfect coverage for me as I struggle with acne and I need to cover it with something. I personally think this foundation gives a medium coverage which can be layered, I will hopefully be doing a more in depth review later this week, so look out for that.



Benefit Boi-ing Concealer, £17.50 

This is a perfect coverup for under the eyes, this brightens and covers all imperfections though I tend to keep this just for my dark under eyes. As it is in a pot form it is so much easier to take just enough and blend away. In my opinion this is a medium to high coverage and I might be investing in the full sized version; thank you Daisy and Becca for buying it for me!


Rimmel Scandal Eyes, Retro Glam, £6.99

I bought this not to long ago and used it, but I kept forgetting to keep using it and now this is what I reach for every day. This has a unique brush which lengthens and creates a little volume in my lashes; I love this for every day use as it is so quick to do all of these things without putting in all the effort.


Maybelline Dr Rescue Baby Lips, Berry Smoothie, $2.99 or £1.81 

Sadly you can only get these in America to my knowledge but you can order them online on sites such as Ebay or Amazon for a higher price; instead I asked my friend Hannah to get one for me whilst she was in America. I am so happy she did as it is amazing! I love the smell, I love how it tingles your lips. This will definitely be well loved during the winter months when my lips get dry and irritated.

Music Favourites

East of Eden by Zella Day

Oh wow I have found my all time favourite song in the whole wide world. This is the best song ever invented, no lie! I listen to this on repeat because that is how fabulous it is, I am raving like crazy because it is the bomb dot com. I just jam out to this and it always makes me happy.

Velvet Elvis by Alex Winston

Another song that never fails to lift me, the chorus is amazing and I love the ending and everything about it. I also feel like this is a workout song more than anything as it has that happy upbeat with a few cool noises in the background.

TV Favourites

The Mindy Project

I have binged watched this series in a non consecutive order and missing out a few in-between, this is such a funny comedy show which should go on forever. It has a little adult humour but I crease at and I love it so much. Now I have to go back and watch all of the episodes I have missed and fill in the gaps. Also does anyone else think that Danny and Mindy should be together? Seriously they would work perfectly together, I love them so much!

You've Been Framed

I always fall back on this hilarious show, I love it and the best ones are the simplest, just what Harry Hill says, it is the funniest bit of the show! Even though watching people fall over is hilarious the commentary is the best; if its someone falling off a pier, down a mountain or being eaten by a Halloween pumpkin (just to name a few of my favourites) they have me in stitches!




No comments:

Post a Comment